11.17.2008

Christmas with MomDot Day 4

What is your favorite Holiday recipe?
My favorite thing to bake around the holidays is pie. Hands down. Especially apple and pumpkin. I love to make them from scratch. None of the pre-made crust or filling for me. This year I'm contemplating making my own pumpkin {as opposed to buying it in a cal}. It's been very intriguing lately. I wonder if I can still get a pumpkin around here...

Describe your Holiday table.
We don't decorate a table. Both of our families live in town, so we are usually bouncing back and forth between the two. And they're about as opposite as can be! At Mike's parents it's a big crowd {with 10 kids, plus a bunch of extended family and now spouses and a grandkid}. It's loud and there's always some fun to be had. It's usually buffet style on the bar of their counter.

At my parents is usually pretty laid back. My mom gets out the fancy china and silver utensils and we all sit down together at the table. We don't have any family nearby, so it's usually just my immediate family and now our spouses and the 2 grandkids on that side.

I've got it made. I don't have to cook anything. Although I do generally take something.

What is your biggest Holiday cooking disaster?
Ummmm, well since I don't really have that much holiday cooking experience, I don't have one. Sorry peeps!

And now I'm off to browse other peoples responses. :)

Sponsors: Day Four Blog Party Question is Brought to you by Bottlewise and Glow Mama
VIP BLOGS to visit are Parent Reviewers , Mom Most Traveled, Mommy Zabs, MomStart, HipposToes, Run DMT

10 comments:

Erin Tales said...

LOL! Enjoyed your laid back holiday! No cooking! Sweet!

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Okay- I am starting to feel like a cooking failure- mine is the only bad story I've read so far!

MMJ said...

Sounds wonderful! Happy Holidays!

Cat@3KidsandUs said...

You should definitely do homemade pumpkin pie, it's way better than canned.

Melissa said...

You can never go wrong with PIE!

Michelle@lifeinawhirlwind said...

Another pie person! I don't know what it is, but baking seems so much easier than "real" cooking.

Tena said...

shall I put my families pie order in now for the holidays??
HA HA HA
Home made pie... yummers!

Momstart said...

That's lucky, you don't have to cook. Small is nice too

Anonymous said...

My mom taught me to say that if it's not homemade, it's homeBAKED. My Mrs Smith dutch apple? Yeah. Home baked. Here's My Day 4!

Staci A said...

My hubby thinks I'm crazy for not being in love with pumpkin pie. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to get a real homecooked one. Good luck with finding a pumpkin!